I am the victim of a puppy scam and lost $500. Can you help…

Customer Question
I am the victim...

I am the victim of a puppy scam and lost $500. Can you help me??

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Washington State and they supposedly lived in Edmond, Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I downloaded and printed out all my email contact with them plus downloaded and printed out all of the website where they have the puppies listed. I also have my receipt from the walmart to walmart moneygram I sent to pay for the puppy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else I could add

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 month ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You can pursue in small claims court.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have any info on the scammer except for the name of William Ajuata (which may not be actual name). I have no address for him and the phone number on the website is supposedly located in Texas.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm maxed out already financially. I'm on soc sec disability and the puppy purchase took all my savings. I can't commit to any more finacially.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?? Are you there??
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you helping me with what i've already paid??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still connected with me?? I'm standing by for your help still.
I have recommended options. You may also consider a police report to help locate the scammer
We cannot represent customers so if you seek someone to find the scammer we cannot do that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess i misunderstood your website. I'm sorry to have taken your time. Sincerely, Gail
No problem.
Tina, Lawyer