Question about Minnesota medical insurance. Not yet.

Question about Minnesota medical...

Question about Minnesota medical insurance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MN lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Searching the internet. Second external review done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I give details to the lawyer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Employer changed insurance provider on January 1. Had already done an external review with first provider. That was successful. New provider is denying same service that was already granted through the first external review. We did a second one for the second provider. Was that necessary or could the first external review have been used?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still seeking answer
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mention that there are two different insurance providers. You did an external review with the first one. Then your employer switched insurance providers. Then you did an external review with the second one. Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is correct.

Since they are two separate insurance companies, you would have had to go through the second review. Insurance companies in all states must participate in an external review process that meets the consumer protection standards of the health care law. So, each one has to do the process.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney