I am an Iowa resident. My sister won her hearing 2/218

I am an Iowa...

I am an Iowa resident. My sister won her hearing 2/218 before Judge Tabor, Clinton County District Court. We had a Foreclosure hearing before Judge Lawson same jurisdiction on 2/20/18 we were granted the 6 months reprieve per law to be done with the premises also in Clinton, IA. because of vandalism to the downstairs bathroom by a former house guest, we were told the house cannot be occupied. We are now being harassed by the Fire Marshall and City. Can we get a restraining order? And do we have grounds for a civil suit?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. We have followed orders not to live/occupy the residence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IA lawyer about this?

We have tried. The lawyer for the estate was simultaneously representing both the estate and Credit Union which held my mother's Home Equity loan note with violates the Canon of Ethics and Iowa law

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think this covers the basics.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
First hearing date was 2/2/18. My sister won this case. Judge Tabor (Clinton County District Court). The 2nd hearing was held 2/20/18 before Judge Lawson, same jurisdiction. My sister and I were granted 6 months stay in order to move from the family home. I am turning 61 next month and just gotten over the flu; my sister is 62. We have complied every way we can to not occupy the property that my sister inherited. The crap with the Fire Marshall is nothing but harassment. We can use legal help. Please advise.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we want help
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

There are a few gaps that I may need you to fill in so I can answer your questions. Could you help me understand what you mean by you receiving a "reprieve per law to be done with the premises?" Also, can you describe the harassment by the Marshall and the city?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Delay of sale

I see. Can you explain the harassment?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was at work Wednesday. The foyer associate came to tell me that I had a message from the Fire Marshall regarding our home. There was no fire or electrical problem. They simply wanted to remove cats.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Generally, in emergency whatsoever and no fire dept involvement, just police even though we are honoring the judge's delay of sale order
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No emergency, just bs
Phone call session started

Calling now.

If you click here, you can file a complaint with the DOJ.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer