We are currently looking to apply for a trademark for our…

Customer Question
We are currently looking...

We are currently looking to apply for a trademark for our business and logo. We are trying to determine which is most important to trademark first in the event we can’t do both at the same time?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the trademark federally registered?

No. We are just now starting the process

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

Nothing has been filed and we were doing it in legal zoom so we haven’t spoken to a local attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The logo would be subject to trademark. You also get common Law protection from usage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Would someone be able to use the name outside of the logo if we only applied for a trademark on the logo itself which includes the name?
No but I would apply for logo protection and in connection with business practice! Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!