My 23 year old son has a disability hearing this May. I have…

Customer Question
My 23 year old...

My 23 year old son has a disability hearing this May. I have been kept out of the loop and feel like my ex has considered to be co-conservator with his grandmother. how can I find info about this case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

His grandmother filed the papers (which I started when he was 16 in California...long story) and she is paying for the Florida lawyer, etc. The hearing is set for May. I have taken no steps because I am just now hearing about it my son is bipolar and so is his father -- it's a bad choice. i have a Masters of Science, healthy, I should get *some* say

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. Just found out what are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in Southern California. I have been kept in the dark until today upon hearing etc. I oppose the choice of guardianship etc.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/22/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Is this a Social Security disability hearing or hearing to appoint a Guardian?

Kindly explain a little more.

Kindly review your post, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,