I work for a company that’s a contractor and we have work in…

Customer Question
I work for a...

I work for a company that’s a contractor and we have work in a government owned building and the building is asking me to fill out a background check that I think I will not pass because of my past

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I asked my manager and he don’t know what to do and no I have not talk to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I belong to a union but work on behalf of the contractor as a supervisor

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have felony convictions in 1994 and 2007

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.