I would like to know if I can do anything or file a lawsuit…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if I can do anything or file a lawsuit against Goodwill I walked into the store they have lockers at the front of the store to put your bags or backpack in I put my backpack in the front in the locker and proceeded to ask the lady to help me look at stuff in the glass case she then grabbed a couple items that I wanted to purchase and help them in the front while I told her I was going to look at some shoes also so then I was trying a pair of Jordans on that I really wanted to buy because the shoes I currently were wearing are cutting my feet in the middle of me trying on those pair of shoes a guy came out from out back and said you need to leave my store immediately before I call the police the only thing I responded with was why what did I do I didn't do anything wrong and I have money as I pulled $25 out of my pants pocket and showed him he then said get out of my store right now before I call the police I was extremely embarrassed and it made me cry because of how bad my feet hurt and how much I wanted those shoes and how hard I had to work for this money so that I could go get another pair of shoes and I had found the ones I wanted and then for no reason absolutely no reason at all I was humiliated and kicked out of the store and was not able to purchase anything for no reason at all my I sue them for this

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Jordanian lawyer about this?

No this just happened literally five minutes ago I am sitting at the next stop over with one show on and one show off cause how bad I needed a new pair of shoes I am crying cause it decided and totally interested me and made me feel like everyone in the store now thinks I am a horrible person and I'm not I had money and didn't do anything wrong

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I don't know what to do or if I can sue them for this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about everything I'm just really hurt and imberessed and depressed

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

did they ever give you a reason to leave the premises?

No none not anything at all
Is it right around the same price for a call instead

a call is an additional charge

Well no I think this will be alright I have to budget although I would agree it would be a little more convenient but let's just continue. I just cannot believe the way I was mis-treated and the way that they had made me feel for absolutely no reason at all besides profiling, labling me, and judging me and as if that weren't enough of a crushual blow to me mentally I also was denied the opportunity and chance to buy the items I had worked so hard to get the money to buy that I have wanted and needed for some time. I just don't understand why my rights to purchase a nice pair of shoes were talking away from me exspecially considering that he could see I was only wearing one show cause I have a Ave bandage on the one for because of the cuts my current shoes were leaving on my feet causing me pain and to get that close to finally being able to purchase them and having them in my cart to buy and then having them ripped away from me and forced to hobble myself outside with our those things and in front of all the other people in the store who were looking at me now like I was some bad guy was so wrong in so many ways please sir please tell me there is something we can do about this
Hello you never did tell me if I can sue them for that or what
You can ultimately sue them for how they treated you. The difficulty is trying to quantify the damages that you have suffered. It is very difficult to prove that especially with emotional damages. I would suggest contacting Goodwills corporate office and Lodge a formal complaint with them with regards ***** ***** treatment

can I help you further?