I have an LLC. As an independent contractor I perform my…

I have an LLC...

I have an LLC. As an independent contractor I perform my work at the same client site every workday for a long contract period. Can I deduct mileage to this site from my home which is the LLC address of record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I am the chain of command. Sole proprietor

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to continue with this

Thanks for your patience on this. The answer to your question is yes. As you know, the IRS allows you to deduct the mileage if you are someone who is self-employed or an independent contractor. Even though you are going to the same place, because you aren't an employee, you can deduct those expenses.

I know that's a short answer to your question, but did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Ok, great.

Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Legal Eagle, Lawyer