I have been told by dozens of lawyers that no one will take…

I have been told...

I have been told by dozens of lawyers that no one will take my case because of the changes in tort law in Wisconsin - if no lawyer can help me can i sue in small claims?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WI lawyer about this?

Many- the problem is this (I am a nurse just for fyi ) it may take a min to explain

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have called dozens of attorneys - a few have explained that there is just not enough money (although every one of them said what happened to me was wrong - the person probably broke the law - and I was injured) because the research is so expensive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well yes... the person is advertising as a clinician - with master injection skills - she is covered by a medical director - here is my problem - i would never had gone to this spa without reading her misleading website - she injured me and i then found out she is not licensed to inject - she is not a nurse - so she is practicing medicine without a license - under chp 10 of wi medical statue - the medical director is obligated to insure that a patient is told that an unlicensed person is performing tasks - not doing so means the doctor is aiding and abetting a person to practice medicine without a license - no one will help - she is going to hurt someone - should i take it to the police? should I go to small claims?

3/21/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

Practicing without a license is actually a felony; please see relevant code here:

333.16294 Unlawful conduct; felony.

Sec. 16294.

Except as provided in section 16215, an individual who practices or holds himself or herself out as practicing a health profession regulated by this article without a license or registration or under a suspended, revoked, lapsed, void, or fraudulently obtained license or registration, or outside the provisions of a limited license or registration, or who uses as his or her own the license or registration of another person, is guilty of a felony.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/448/II/03/2/e

Torts and personal injuries may be pursued in small claims so long as the plaintiff limits their request for damages to $5,000; please see:

https://www.wicourts.gov/publications/guides/smallclaimsguide.htm

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
if this is a felony - why can i not find an attorney to sue her?

A felony is a criminal matter so the proper process for criminal issues is to contact the police; they will investigate and the prosecutor will determine if there is enough evidence to proceed to court.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer