I just had a Class A Misdemeanor charge dismissed by a NYS…

I just had a...

I just had a Class A Misdemeanor charge dismissed by a NYS judge in court after 90 days.Questions:

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

What remains?1.Finger prints 2.Picture of me 3. Original police report 4.If a company does a criminal history search what can they find?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

New York State

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Please answer each question posted.

3/21/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

1. If you were actually arrested, your fingerprints would remain on file if you were printed at the time of your arrest.
  2. Your mug shot, if taken, would remain in records
  3. The police report is a public record and remains in the police files.
  4. If a company does a records search they can find a record of the arrest and they will see that the charge was dismissed, which would be stated in the record. If you file a motion for expungement, you can ask the court to seal the records and that means they would be available to only government entities and would not be disclosed to general public on a general background check.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Jobs ask if you have ever been convicted of a crime.You say no because the charge was dismissed by the judge. What do they find? Do they find that there was no conviction?
Can a motion for expungement be filed in NYS?

Thank you for your reply.

If your charge was dismissed, then you were not convicted. If they do a background check they would see the arrest and that the charge was dismissed.

You can file a motion to SEAL the record in NY, which would mean the record would not disappear, but it would not be disclosed to the general public.