I received a call from P.C.H. claiming I had won $900,000.

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call from P.C.H. claiming I had won $900,000. we got disconnected, so I searched online. There I saw a claim for $400. How do I claim these?/

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CAlifornia.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried to apply for the $400, yet my card # claimed it was void right after the search!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to contact P.C. H.!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

PCH does not call the winners of its major sweepstakes. If you have one one of their contests for more than $10,000, they have their Prize Patrol suprise them at home with no notice at all. Publishers Clearinghouse will be the first to tell you that because they know their name is ***** ***** the time by scammers.

There are many warnings about this scam on the web. The Better Business Bureau warns of this here.

https://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama/news-events/bbb-warnings/2015/03/phone-scam-from-publishers-clearing-house-impersonators/

Had you not been disconnected, you'd have been asked for some money in order to collect your winnings. Fortunately, you were saved by a bad connection.

PCH's customer service number is *****(###) ###-####/p>

Report the fraud to the FBI online at www.IC3.gov

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney