How do I let United Airlines know I have TSA precheck. I…

Customer Question
How do I let...

How do I let United Airlines know I have TSA precheck. I need to have it on my boarding pass.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I made my reservation and it is confirmed. There was no place on line to register my TSA precheck number.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Enter your Known Traveler Number (KTN) to participate in TSA Pre✓®

After your application is approved by DHS, you will receive a KTN/PASS ID number. To receive expedited screening benefits, where available:

1. Add your KTN/PASS ID/DoD ID number to your MileagePlus profile or add it to your reservation each time you book travel.
    • To save a KTN to your MileagePlus profile, the gender and date of birth must already be entered. Members who need to add/edit the name, date of birth or gender may do so at united.com. Please allow 14 days for changes to take effect.
  2. Your KTN/PASS ID/DoD ID number must be linked to your MileagePlus number no later than seven days before your next flight.
    • If adding a KTN to your MileagePlus profile within seven days of your next flight, then also add the KTN directly to the reservation so TSA knows you are eligible.
    • You can update existing United reservations through the "Edit traveler information" option in Manage Reservations or on an airport kiosk. Reprint your boarding pass if adding a KTN after checking in.
  3. Book reservations using the name, date of birth and gender listed on the government-issued ID you used to apply.
    • Your United reservations may combine your middle name with your first name. If your middle name was included when the reservation was made, then this information is sent to TSA as part of your Secure Flight Passenger Data, and any difference in how your name is ***** ***** your boarding pass will not prevent you from receiving TSA Pre® benefits.
  4. A TSA Pre® logo or “TSA PRE” must be printed on your boarding pass near your name. Presenting a Trusted Traveler card, TSA approval letter or other documentation alone will not grant TSA Pre® access.

If you have difficulties receiving expedited security screening benefits, reconfirm your KTN and then review the traveler information data in your reservation. Correct any errors and reprint your boarding pass. In addition, you may need to correct the profile used to book the reservation as well as any other existing reservations. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact TSA Customer Service for assistance. TSA, not United, selects travelers for expedited screening.