Some company owes us money about $6. Purchased our goods and…

Some company owes us money...
Some company owes us money about $6. Purchased our goods and not paying, said they are having financial hardship. I tried some collection agencies in the past but not so successful. I need help finding good collection agencies.
Sorry, I meant $6,000
3/21/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The truth be told, there are no "good collection agencies," they are all the same. They send notice after notice to people and that is about it. If you want to collect then realistically you need a local attorney who handles civil litigation and you need to seek to sue the company for the money due and then they can get a judgment against the company and they can place a lien on their bank accounts or seek to seize their property to satisfy the judgment plus attorney's fees. That is the best way to collect on these types of debts I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Can I take this to small claim court in Los Angeles? What's the claim amount limit?

Thank you for your reply.

You could take it to small claims, which has a $10,000 limit, but the reason I did not mention small claims is that once you get a judgment, then you would still need to collect and that means filing writs of levy/garnishment to seize property and for that part you would end up needing an attorney anyhow. So, if you want to file on your own in small claims and then if you cannot collect from the company, you would need to turn the judgment over to an attorney to get writs to seize property. You can do it that way if you like.

I just find out that he signed the personal guarantee agreement on Net 30 Term, Credit Application of ours. Will this make it easy for us to collect the debt some how?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, if he signed a personal guarantee, then you can sue him and the company and you can collect from his assets personally in addition to the business assets.