I'm homeless and live out of my car and work part time. Can…

I'm homeless and live...

I'm homeless and live out of my car and work part time. Can my car be repo while I'm sleeping or at work and all my personal thing I own is in my car.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Florida Seminole county

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None just trying to pay late payment as soon as I can

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do have a SS disability lawyer working on my case. Waiting on hearing appointment.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with. If you are sleeping in the car, they can not repo it. However, if you are outside of the car, the repo company could take the vehicle. The fact that you have personal possessions in it does not mean they can not tow it and if they did, you would need to go through the process of recovering these personal items. If you have concerns, you may want to store the valuable items someplace, if you think this will happen.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney