What can be done to non paying parent that is working off…

What can be done...

What can be done to non paying parent that is working off the books

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

This is in nys. He has closed all bank accounts, took house of his name. He is over 55k in arrearage

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

He has closed his business bank account because he had his own business. He owned a home, he has since placed someone else on the house. Car insurance is no longer in his name.

3/21/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order to go after him, you would have to prove he is working off the books and where. Without the evidence of where he is getting his money, the court could not issue any orders to seize the money. Same with the banks, if he has accounts in someone else's name you have to prove who and where the accounts are and would need to show the court that it is merely him putting money in an account in someone's name to hide it from you and the court.

There are some private investigators that specialize in financial tracking, but you would need to find one locally to do that for you as that is the only way you can get the information necessary to bring him to court for contempt and have the court levy his assets that you found. Otherwise, you can still bring him to court for contempt and ask the court for jail time based on criminal non-support.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.