A receipt from paying court fines contains the following…

Customer Question
A receipt from paying court...
A receipt from paying court fines contains the following information:
1. Try. CHG: FALSE ID TO LAW ENFORCEMENT
2. OFF: OL#; UNKNOWN DMV: NOT SENT
3. F/C/I/ BAL DUE THIS CHARGE PNLY A/O today $224.01
The clerk says that the charges (CHG) of convicted should reflect all charges that were convicted.
The charges were :
(primary) removal of A shopping cart
(Secondary) false I.d
The accounting clerk says this sounds like a traffic ticket.
How can this be fixed to reflect reality?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

In reviewing that, I agree with the clerk - that looks like a traffic issue.

If you had asked me to explain/give a possibility on what happened here, I would have said that a law enforcement officer asked for a name and was not given the right one.

There is nothing on her, as you can see, that relates to a shopping care. As well, the fine for that is minimal and as it says "UNKNOWN DMV" it tells me that there is no reporting to relate to a driver's license. When you put the two of these together, it makes me believe that, particularly since it was resolved by payment that the other charge was not ever taken seriously.

If this is what was done to resolve the matter, it leads me to believe that the security guard likely tried to push the shopping cart issue but that as a result of the things we had talked about either a prosecutor or a similar party along the way did not approve of this, again likely for the reasons we discussed, and this was what was set. Since the charge is "False ID to Law Enforcement" there is a strong probability law enforcement was involved in having this set but because of the low fine they did not object to a quick resolution.

That all being said, the question is - Do you want to have the shopping cart charge added back on?

If you do, it would likely require a motion or a request of the Court to reinstate it then address it from that point.

I would like to charge to reflect shopping cart as this is what really happened.
It Never has had anything to do with a traffic ticket. The security guard listed himself as complaint and prosecuted in the lower court.
How was the security guard allowed to illegally do this?
Who allowed the security guard the authority to prosecute illegally in court?
The prosecution says they would not be involved at first.
So The security guard prosecuted my niece by himself. As he was the complainant.
The security guard was with the lower court judge whispering in her ear.
When the lower court judge issued a guilty verdict, the case was appealed to circuit court.
at this time the prosecution says they were ordered to be involved.
Could the prosecution be mistaken?
However ,I don't know how legal this was, and the judge said that the judge could rule illegally, and that the judge did not have to follow the law since this was the judges court room and the judge. could do whatever he wants to do.
However the Supreme Court does not agree with this.
They say that he takes an oath swearing to follow the law .
And that the courtroom belongs to all citizens.
This has been put up to an appellate review.
A petition was written by another lawyer to reopen the case .
However the judge stamped petition as denied and said he didn't even read it because he doesn't like "those kinds of things. "
And second lawyer who begged my niece in court to let him take the case in circuit court for free ,completely abandoned my niece immediately and told my niece that he would not help my niece with the appeal even though I had told him before I wanted to appeal if my niece was found guilty .
He says my niece did not get justice.
I looked the begging lawyer up and he has ethics violations.
The petition lawyers has told me not to waste my time appealing because this is merely a shopping cart .But that my niece did not get justice.
Since lawyers are officers of the court., It would be thought they would want justice to be served and not to obstruct justice.
However this is still Criminal for my niece.
And now mysteriously charges have been changed. How can I get them back to what actually happened.
It was done illegally and the complaint was not the store but the security guard who did not own the property.
On a side note, the security card did something very illegal and lost all powers of arrest, except in life or death situations. When I Google his name to come up with a cop who shot someone and lost being a cop and had to deliver mail.
How can I find out where exactly this security guard works for, if he even is a security guard. And If he was on or off duty of in fact he really is a security guard, which I sincerely doubt.
When we were trying to appeal in Circuit Court, a man in a suit appeared and was asking a lot of questions.He wanted to know what evidence I had and how was I going to pursue this.
H e told me his name and my friend .who works in the same strip mall, said this is the contact security guard.
It is very possible that the mail "security guard" was just covering for the actual security guard.
Can I do anything to change this so that it reflects truth of the shopping cart and not The lie of the ambiguous traffic ticket?
Can I get another unbiased Judge who is impartial as this Judge ruled illegally.?

What has happened the way you describe it is very troubling indeed. For it to occur, as you have stated, there me some obstruction and I can also understand your concerns of a judge that was less than biased or less than impartial.

If it is at the point there is still a possibility of an appeal, then the appeal needs to be pursued and all of your concerns voiced. If the appeal cannot go forward, the remedy may be a separate lawsuit against anyone who has violated any rules or procedures.

It is also troubling that an attorney would have said that they would help you and then abandon you.
That all being said, the thing that could occur that would be best of all would be to sit down with an attorney in your area or an adjoining County to ensure there is truly a fresh set of eyes, who could review everything and provide you with the best set of guidance relating to how and what to do to address the prosecutor and judge issues.

I do wish I could be more concrete, but I do not want to give any thoughts that could potentially minimize any of the serious concerns you have.

Thank you so much your answers have been both fantastic and very thoughtful!
The Appellate Court wants to know what the style of the case is.
However I can find no legal style in this illegal situation .
So the case those usually given conforms to Legal situations.
I have been advised that the plaintiff / complaintant would have to be on the case from the beginning
By,t the prosecution can't be in the Style. Of the case, because they say they initially refused the case so they were not in it from the very beginning The only person who has been consistently with the case is the security guard.
The security guard arrested in my niece ,he went through her purse , he asked her inappropriate questions, he asked about her financial status ,he asked what specific times a man was at her home and he prosecuted her in Lower Court.
Only when the case was appealed to Circuit Court did the prosecution take over, but then they say they were ordered to.
Can I put this down for the style of the case:
the security guards actual name, then in parentheses detailing he is a security guard & is a non owner of the property?

That sounds like the approach to use!

Can the appellate court then not accept my appeal if they say the style does not correspond with a legal format?

Appellate Court rules are very unforgiving so you want to make sure it is correct. If the way you have set it out is the way the Court has it done, then that should be good.