I purchased a car on 10/28/2015 represented as new. I tried…

I purchased a car...

I purchased a car on 10/28/2015 represented as new. I tried to trade it the dealer refused due to a carfax reported Salvage Title. We financed the car

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

We are in DE but we found that the car was manufactured inTurkey and sent to a dealer on 12/30/13. This was almost 2 years before we bought the car which was sold as a2014 leftover. I was declined tradein on a new one because of this. I contacte the original dealer but they refuse to do anything saying the car has a clear DE title which has been laundered according to one repots I have.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I talked to the original dealet finaly after 2 days of trying and he said the carhas a clear DE title and he will not do anything. I had talked to Deldot and there is a clear title on record. I also have a copy of the title comming from Ford Credit, the fince co. One report I have states a title was issued

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the title produced to DMV 2 monts after we bought the car stated Salvage/rebuidable with ove 75%damaged. but a new title was issued showing no salvasge statement.

3/21/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking for options to pursue/prepare a claim against seller?

I was told by the new dealer that they would not take the car in trade because of the carfax report.
Thiis caused me to loose a very good trade in on the vehicle I need. He indicated that the original dealer had to buy the car back.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Not at the present time. We are awaiting more information from carfax after asking them for records they have for the time the car was delivered to the dealer 12/30/13 and when the DE title was issued in 12/1/15 over a month after we purchased. The title tendered to obtain the DE title was a salvage title on an autocheck report we purchased. We never saw the title and were not told about the salvage title.
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
I consulted a local lawer and he stated I have no case. Based on that info, I reviewed the Delaware DMV Code. Our title was issued by DMV in December 2015 and that year's code has no requirement to divulge a Salvage title. That went into the 2016 code so the lawer was right.Thank you for all you have done and do I owe any more money?.

You are welcome. If you can rate me positively, that will ensure I get credit once for the various replies.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I am still waiting for a reply from Carfax as of today, March 29.Thanks,
***** *****.
I would follow up direct or through counsel. Good luck!