A motion for leave to file an amended complaint encountered…

A motion for leave...

A motion for leave to file an amended complaint encountered a clerical error and was never filed. the judge ruled in favor of the other party based upon the original complaint failing to state a claim. on appeal the dc court of appeals did the same. would re filing with the new issues survive res judicata

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a DC lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None just received court of appeals decidion

3/21/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If the claims never decided on the merits, you may file a new complaint with claims, but i would be sure tour pleading is sound and identifies claims with their elements.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
failure to state a claim is or is not not considered on the merits

If you plead again asserting claims not previously dismissed, you can proceed. If my reply is acceptable, please reply "yes"

INFOLAWYER, Attorney