In a civil case does a defendant need to tesify. Ny.

Customer Question
In a civil case...

In a civil case does a defendant need to tesify

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Proscecution has rested

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Defense is about to rest.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Does the Defendant need to testify on his own behalf? No. But many choose to, to give a first person account of their version of the story. Also, the Defendant has to testify if called as a witness by the Plaintiff during Plaintiff's part of the case.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.