My son owns a home in Florida and his girlfriend, now

Customer Question
My son owns a...

My son owns a home in Florida and his girlfriend, now x-girlfriend refuses to leave. What to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

He keeps asking her to leave.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She had him arrested for domestic battery. He just got out of jail. He was in for 6 weeks. There is a no contact order in place so he is homeless and she gets to stay in his house.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

My apologies for the delay. Your son, since he owns the home, will need to stick a Notice to Vacate on the door of the home and that essentially tells his ex that she needs to leave. Actually, since there is a non contact order in place coming near the property could land him in hot water so he might want to have a friend do the actual taping of the notice to the door. If she fails to leave he can then move to evict her by filing a formal legal action. Generally it takes about a month to evict someone under these circumstances.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Hello there! I wanted to make sure that you got the last answer I sent to you!