I got a traffic violation because of my tags. I have court…

I got a traffic...

I got a traffic violation because of my tags. I have court soon and they want me to plead guilty to the charges. I just don’t want this to affect me in the long run when applying for job or grad school in the future

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Fictitious plates

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

In Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No That’s it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What was the issue with the tags? Have you corrected this? What is their plea offer?

They were tags for a previous vehicle in the house. I had Put them on because I was still working on the registration. I have started the process to correct this and will be getting tags this week
Plea offer was to plead guilty and pay a fine of $150
Plead guilty to 42-3-121 (1) (b)

Thank you. In a situation like this, you do want to fix this and correct it. I say this because if you can, you can present this to the prosecutor and see if they would agree to dismiss the case or amend the charge. It is hard to defend this when you knowingly put the tags/plates on, so it is an issue about minimizing the sentence imposed. If you plea to this, it is something which likely would be seen but it would be at the discretion of an employer, to decide if this would disqualify you.

if I background check was ran, this would show up

it is a misdemeanor traffic offense so it would appear.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

That’s it. Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney