I have not been able to receive my four ordered pensions…

Customer Question
I have not been...

I have not been able to receive my four ordered pensions benefits for my ex, though he has not fought me. I have gone to legal opm, my lawyer who handled my divorce is now a circuit court judge, I have Sent into to Sent feinstein,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

And napalitono..nothing. My divorce was 1998..I started to want to collect in 2008..not aggressive for I was working. Now I am retired..I need the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I don't know what to do? I have been told they need my adress, bank, etc..I Sent it because my ex before he retired

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He already set it up..family court do they deal with office of persone l management? For these United States In 2008 my ex took me to court to stop my alimony, he succeeded. I had an attorney handle this with me in Brevard county fla. Where my divorce was, he is Burton green.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Btw I contacted my lawyer, who handled my divorce, michelle Vit Baker, did not get response.
She is now a circuit court judge ..Brevard county florida..I have verified copies of my divorce.
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

who were the pensions through, the companies?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My husband is a civil servan, working in the dept of defense. His pension is through the office of personnel management in Washington dc..I tried the dod, directed out. I wrote President Trump,
My connection only dealt with the military..so I Sent back to opm, and nothing. So, here I am, he is retired. I have tried very hard.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I call you, I have taken all routes. There is a paper for "lawyers" that can be downloaded. ok ..I did not understand. I have been a practicing RN for 40 years...practicing. The legal system is hard for me to understand.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Dept of defense civilian. .contact office of Personnel Management Washington dc, he I s retired now.

and the divorce order dealt with all of the pensions?

were QDROs done?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
According to records they were the by my ex, I did a quick claim for his house. I told my ex about not getting my pension, he contacted the opm, and they told him I just needed to send my address and bank account. I Sent it certified mail..this was three years ago..since then nothing,I have called over a dozen time leaving requested into they asked for including ssn. Nothing, one day I called 5 times..nothing just a recording. I see bureaucracy at its best. Sorry, for all this, why such a long delay in collesting..hate to relive the divorce.most awful experience in my lifse.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The instructions i receive reunion was a download. I Sent to their sight. I did not have any one contact me. I just want to know what is happening..why I am being ignored, and what I can do. This is why I am contacting you, to help me.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not reunion...
But instructions i receive d was a down load i searched out from opm.

in order to get those pensions a QDRO or qualified domestic relations order must be presented to the company

most companies have a dedicated office for QDROs that can help

worse case scenario would be to file for contempt with the court to have the pension you deserve

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

So, I do not know what is going on there. I hope you understand i can't communicate with them. There is no talking to me. How do I know anything?

I would try to look on their websites

otherwise I would threaten them with a legal contempt filing

also your ex could be facing contempt as well so he should be trying to help as well

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Ok..is that all you can help me with? Thank you so much.

At this point that is all I can help you with. Hopefully your ex will be able to help you get those pension distributions to you. Otherwise you are going to have to contact each company and request a sample QDRO or retain a company that specializes in completing them who can help get through all your red tape
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 28 days ago

Good luck to you! You can come back here free of charge after I'm rated for a follow-up question.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. That includes looking for lawyers. I’m happy to do so! I’m here most of the time (usually at night!) so you can always come back and talk to me (no extra charge) after I’m rated. If I’m not here, I will get an email if you leave me a question.

Please accept my answer, and please rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars, 5 stars would be much appreciated as I ALWAYS strive to give you 5 star service!). This can be found AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. I have given you the benefit of my legal knowledge and 25 years of experience as well as my time. My statistics show that almost 100% of my customers here have been extremely satisfied with my answers as I am always truthful and thorough. The majority of my ratings, by far, have been 5s, which is extremely important to me.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

If you want to ask for me specifically another time -- for a new question -- ask for "Michael Bradley ONLY" and I will get the question. Otherwise you can come right back into this room for follow-ups, free of charge.

Best of luck to you and thank you for letting me help you today! Thanks in advance for rating me!

I strive for 5 star service every time, so if there's anything else I can do to earn that, I'm happy to do so.

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer