My house is in forcloser I received my legal papers

Customer Question
My house is in...

My house is in forcloser I received my legal papers yesterday my husband passed last March I can’t afford to stay I would like to live in house as long as I can what r my opions

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know how I can legally handle this

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 29 days ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern and I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. If you were served and the home is being foreclosed on, you need and want to retain a foreclosure defense attorney. If you want and need additional time in the home, they can defend this and contest it and it could buy you more time. You could be looking at months or maybe even up to a year or more if you have valid defenses to raise. If you sit idle and do not contest this, you will default and they will foreclose and sell the home quickly, so you do need to retain an attorney and fight this if you want to live in the home as long as you can.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don’t want the house I’m planning on giving it up should I just contact the bank an do they ever help pay the cost to get u out of ho e
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No that’s fine

Yes, you can speak with the bank. They may offer you a key for cash type of deal, whereby you agree on a move out date and they agree to pay you money, to move out and relocate and leave the home in good condition.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How long do I have time wise
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can I wait a few weels

Have you been served with a summons and complaint yet?

Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 26 days ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney