Visitor leaving my house decided to drive through my

Visitor leaving my house...

Visitor leaving my house decided to drive through my neighbors front lawn due to others blocking him in. My neighbor has sent me a bill for "fixing" his front lawn am i responsible or the person who did this responsible

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I reached out to the person who drove through the yard

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The day this happened I had baby shower at my home (ladies only) for my daughter in law. My son is military and they were home for a short visit. A few of his friends showed up that day also to visit. One is the person who decided to drive thru the neighbors lawn. This was on a Saturday. We noticed it later that night that someone had done this and found out who it was. The Monday my son and his wife were going to walk over to the neighbors- we are not friends with our neighbors but use to be- and thank them for a gift they just told them they ordered online. But the wife had small procedure done and was not up to company. They had plan to apologize and tell them who had drove thru their yard. They told her let them know when she was up for company, On Wednesday the neighbor called me to ask if I knew who had drove thru his yard and said I did and apologize to him and offered him the name and phone number of the person who did it. He was upset and fussed said he could press charges and so on I told him to do that if he thought he should because I in no way thought that this adult person should have driven thru the lawn, I did not give him my permission nor do I think it was ok to do so. It was his stupid decision to do so. We ended the call as such. Never did he or I mention fixing the yard-only had tire tracks-. On Thursday my son and his wife we given the ok to go over to their house, which they did and they spoke about the tire tracks and said they were sorry for someone they knew had done that. The owner told them don't worry about it, he was upset but again that was it. Three or four weeks later the neighbor sent me a bill for repairs. Question is am I responsible or the person who did this.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

No, you have no liability for a visitor's trespass. Give the neighbor the visitor's contact information and tell them to forward the bill to them.

You are not liable for their trespass.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Attorney