Married 13 years. Income for me 77000 gross. Pay approx 450…

Married 13 years. Income...

Married 13 years. Income for me 77000 gross. Pay approx 450 a month for health dental and vision for family Wife 5000 income last year. 2 kids 9 years old. What would I pay as far as child support/alimony if I were to divorce in Illinois? Our ages me 38 her 37

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the wife taken? Has she filed any papers in IL family court?

No steps taken

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No don’t think so

3/21/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO home. Only assets would be furniture. 2000 Lexus. Student loan debt for me 70000. Debt in credit cards for her probably 10000. Eligible for bankruptcy again in about 15 months.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please note. I’m a mailman. 60000 for 40 hrs. 17000 was OT

For child support the court will use the statutory guidelines in most cases which depends on income and parenting time (percentage of custody);

that amount can be calculated here:

https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/childsupport/parents/pages/childsupportestimator.aspx

For an approximate time share of 50/50 for example the monthly support for child support would be approximately $900.

As the obligor assumes more custody, the price decreases.

Spousal support is determined solely by the judge; they will try to determine an amount that allows both parents to maintain the standard of living achieved during marriage (with the understanding 2 households are more expensive to maintain than 1, so both would need to make adjustments)

The factors the court will consider are listed in this statute:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/documents/075000050k504.htm

If one party is un/under employed (based on skill, education, etc) the court may order the party to find suitable employment as well and then terminate/modify spousal support.

Generally the court will try and divide marital property in an equitable fashion; for long term marriages this is often 50/50;

That statute is here:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/documents/075000050k503.htm

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer