I am working at Hospital in Child Adolescent mental health…

Hi , my name...

Hi , my name is***** , I am working at Hospital in Child Adolescent mental health unit for almost 5 years and worked as a nurse over 24 years , I have never been called for anything that I have done wrong . All of sudden , on 3/13/2018 I was called from HR that I was placed on Administrative leave for a crime that I am a danger to a child .The hospital stated that they had tape which that been sent to police , so my union prep. advised me to call for my self a lawyer , at this moment to be honest with you I don't know what kind of Lawyer should I call , and for what crime I have done ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this workplace safety issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, we have gone to class for personal defense and not hurt the child , however since they asked me to stay home they also told me not discuss or talk to any one at work , so I am completely blind . I did not know any except my Union prep. told me the tape has been sent to police

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes, I am belonged to NYSNA union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am sorry what do you mean by " at Will " ???

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Have you been told that you are going to be charged by the DA's Office?

No, , my NYSNA union Representative has communicated with HR. they told him they sent the tape to police station , so no one at work cannot review those pictures , thats the last conversation we had

If the videotape was sent to the police, then this matter is not going to be handled internally as a workplace incident. It is being evaluated for prosecution. So you would need to get a criminal defense attorney.

Apart with not talking to anyone at work about this, apart from your union rep, you shouldn't be talking to the police either. If they wish to interrogate you, you have a Constutitonal right against self-incrimination. Exercising that right cannot hurt you. But the moment you give up your right to remain silent, anything you say can be used as evidence against you.

This is why you should retain a criminal defense lawyer as soon as you possibly can. He or she is the only person to whom you can talk freely about this, and he can deal with your employer if they want to speak to you as well as with the police.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
thank you ,

You're very welcome. Your union rep advised you correctly that you don't help yourself discussing this. That holds true outside of the workplace too, except with your lawyer.

If you're not sure where to find a criminal defense lawyer, try the New York State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of about $35 for the referral which includes a free half hour consultation with the attorney

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=NY

Good luck with this issue.