I am owner of small flooring company. I subd out a carpet…

Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** am owner of small flooring company. I subd out a carpet job to this installer named Tony. He ended up screwing up job bad enough (beyond repair) that the store where carpet was purchased had to replace it.Then in turn back charged me 1009.00 + the install. I have contacted Tony and told him that if he would pay half that i would pay the other. Well you can guess how that went. My question is, Is this a case i could win in small claims or do you have any suggestions???

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Wrote him letter asking him to pay half and if i needed other collection methods it wouldnt be half any more

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont know do u have suggestions

3/21/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, this is a case that you can win in a Small Claims Court based on the information that you have provided here.. You really have no other choice but to file lawsuit against him if he has refused to share the cost. He is lucky that you are not charging him for the full cost. Click here for Small Claims forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law