A PCH Representative called me 2 days ago, said I won 5

Customer Question
A PCH Representative called...

A PCH Representative called me 2 days ago, said I won 5 million dollars, a new mercedes, and 7K a month for life. Then asked me to send $ 125 dollars for the registration fee. The next day, he contacted me to say I needed to pay $ 2500 dollars for the IRS 1099 fee. I told him I didn't have it. Then he said he would "help" me find a way to cover the fee because he said he could not bare to see me loose my winnings. He calls himself Mr Shane William. Do you think this is a scam, or possibly the real deal ? Thank you, Roy

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I paid the $ 125 so far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's about it. I just want to know if it could be a scam.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common "advance fee" scam. PCH never requires winners to pay a dime to collect their money (nor does any other legitimate lottery or sweepstakes). In a real situation, any costs or fees or taxes would simply be deducted from the money you have already won, which is your money. You never need to send money to get money, and as soon as you are told otherwise you can be assured you are dealing with a scam.

You will want to immediately cease further contact with this criminal and report the scam to your local FBI field office here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Were you able to view my answer here?

Can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages to you?