Can I sue Trump for defamation? (my friends keep telling me…

Customer Question
My name is*****...

My name is***** Can I sue Trump for defamation? (my friends keep telling me I should). I'm sorry but I have to ask!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

So...my name is***** I sue Trump for defamation? (my friends keep telling me I should). I'm sorry but I have to ask!

Response: Unfortunately, you cannot sue for the fact that your name was used to hide the payoffs because people can have the same names.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

Thank you, ***** ***** what I suspected. Had to ask! Thank you!

You are quite Welcome!