Ghana 1992 constitution article 1285 I was sent a letter…

Customer Question
Ok Ghana 1992 constitution...

Ok Ghana 1992 constitution article 1285 I was sent a letter with Ghana seal with signature Ghana 1992 constitution article 1285 government of Ghana immigration services passenger travel allowance. So as you see this person is requesting money ? Second is a medical report required this person claims to be us citizen and has been living in this country for five years. So is this request for money but will be returned just to show the immigration officer now is this correct procedure?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No this person has a passport and medical report only nothing else

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just the immigration letter looked official

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You're the victim of a romance scam. There is no money necessary to leave Ghana, and a US citizen does not need a medical exam to come back home. All of this is just a way to try to steal your money.

The exit fee, sometimes called a declaration fee or a basic travel allowance is a fake requirement that is only found in Ghanaian internet romance scams.

All that a US citizen needs to leave Ghana is his passport and his plane tickets.

Ghana's own immigration service warns outsiders about the BTA and Declaration fees and urges them not to pay for them as there's no such thing. I am linking you to their site so that you can read this for yourself on their FAQ page. Choose FAQ from the column on the left when you get to their website to read the warning

www.ghanaimmigration.org

The US government has a similar warning on their embassy website. It reads:

• Beware of anyone who requests funds for a BTA, or Basic Travel Allowance, as a requirement to depart another country for the United States. There is no such thing as a BTA. In other cases, your Internet friend will claim to need a travel allowance, or travel money, to be able to travel to the United States. Again, there is no such requirement under U.S. law.

I'm sorry to have to give you the bad news that this woman is a scammer, but you are actually one of the lucky ones. She has asked you up front for the one thing that even the Ghanaian government will agree proves her a fraud before you lay out thousands of your dollars.

Cease all contact with her and report her to your law enforcement authorities. She is not who, what or where you think she is. "She" is likely a group of teenagers at an internet cafe in West Africa, hiding behind the photo of a beautiful woman that they found elsewhere on the web and looking to steal your money.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can not find the info your direction from the link

Hmm. Let me link you again:

Here's the link:

http://www.ghanaimmigration.org/

When you get to that page, look down the column on the left. Click on the link that says FAQ. It will take you right to a notice warning you about phony fees needed to leave Ghana.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney