Question" what is the "statute of limitations" concerning an…

Customer Question
Good Evening...question" what is...

Good Evening...question" what is the "statute of limitations" concerning an "attorney's errors and omissions , in disappearing before the final settlement of a legal case , without notifying client ..? Where do I go from here to reclaim legal fees of more than $60,000 ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the client in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the client taken so far?

I have contacted another attorney, but his opinion..."I do not go after another local attorney"

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is complicated, over 2 years, so this is a as good a place to start

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2018
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

"An action against an attorney licensed to practice law in Montana or a paralegal assistant or a legal intern employed by an attorney based upon the person's alleged professional negligent act or for error or omission in the person's practice must be commenced within 3 years after the plaintiff discovers or through the use of reasonable diligence should have discovered the act, error, or omission, whichever occurs last, but in no case may the action be commenced after 10 years from the date of the act, error, or omission." Section 27-2-206, MCA.

If you believe you have suffered a loss of $60,000 due to your attorney's professional negligence, then you can: (1) hire a legal malpractice attorney and sue for damages; and/or (2) file a complaint with the Montana Office of Disciplinary Counsel (click here).

Those are the only options.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!