I want to refinance the home I share with my husband. He…

I want to refinance...

I want to refinance the home I share with my husband. He refuses to help pay the mortgage, so for the last year, I have been paying the mortgage and upkeep. I am on the mortgage and he is only on the deed. Because of his poor credit, the bank wants him off the deed. He refuses to, sign off the deed. therefore, I am not able to refinance our home. I am fearful that I may lose our home, for not being about to pay. Also, my husband suffers from mental health so I am looking into power of attorney. I am looking for legal advice on how to proceed.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The lawyer is waiting for a date for the refinance. Paperwork is completed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Liverpool NY

3/20/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
how do I go about getting power of attorney.
Someone can grant It to you on poa form or on application to the court.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
If the person refuses?
Then would need to escalate.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Can also consider legal action.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
any suggestion for lawyers?
acceptable.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney