Last oct.2017 I gave my apt.manager the requested thirty…

Customer Question
Hello.last oct.2017 I gave...

Hello.last oct.2017 I gave my apt.manager the requested thirty days notice that I was moiving.I also requested my 300.00 deposit.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas.I forgot they said that when I had directv(dish)that i did not remove the dish.Icalled directv and they said they did not want it,and they do not come and remove dishes.I am 67 years old and can not be doing that.so the bot***** *****ne is that they will return my deposit.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

They will not return my money

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Ihave gone by the office four time and mail a letter about the matter .no response

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
no don't call
best and fast way to get my deposit back
Small claims court. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”