I am disabled my husband and i have refinanced my house. It…

Customer Question
I am disabled my...

I am disabled my husband and i have refinanced my house. It been 3 month now . My husband bills was 56000 mine was 5000. My note now is 700 per month. I only get 850 a month. Now my husband is talking about leaving. What can i do legally

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Booth our name are on the loan his name is ***** ***** bank account. I have been going to counsel ing. I was told that my husband was useing mental cruelty

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I may need you to clarify your question. You asked what you can do legally. Could you help me understand what your concern is regarding htis?

My counselor said that i am being mental abuse. If my husband do leave what can i do to make him pay that 56000 dollars back he said the money in the bank is ours but his name is ***** ***** name on the account

So, if I understand correctly, you received $56,000 from the refinance and he's taken the money and you're wondering what you can do to get the money back. Is that correct?

The 5600 paid his BMW and some other bills off
56000 paid off his BMW and charge card that he had

I see. So, you won't specifically be able to get that $ back. If you file for divorce, the court is going to consider all of your marital assets, including any homes and cars, and split it down the middle unless you and your husband agree differently. If the money has already been spent on the BMW, then the court is going to look at splitting the value of the BMW. What is likely to happen is the court will likely just give him the car, but then they will give you the equivalent in some other piece of property that you have.

Does that make sense?

Thinks

No problem.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?