Questions concerning claiming interest on my mortgage.

Questions concerning claiming interest...

Questions concerning claiming interest on my mortgage

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I purchased a house my daughter is on title but not on mortgage can she claim the interest she pays the mortgage and taxes

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have been filing this way for years found out that it may not be legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

San leandro caif

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not claim the mortgage payment as part of my income

3/20/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

i purchased a house my daughter is on title but not on mortgage can she claim the interest she pays the mortgage and taxes

Response: Unfortunately, no she cannot claim the mortgage interest even she is the one making the payments because she is not the borrower--her name is ***** ***** the mortgage.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law