I recently parted ways with a Manufacturer’s Representative…

Customer Question
I recently parted ways...

I recently parted ways with a Manufacturer’s Representative Group located in Melbourne, FL. They paid

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

I recently parted ways with a Manufacture’s Rep Group located in Melbourne, FL. They verbally agreed to pay me $5,000 b month until I was able to generate direct commissions to match that on a monthly basis. They paid me $7,500 for the first month and a half, then $5,000 for the next month, but failed to pay me for November, December and January. They have told me they owe me nothing. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only to rationale with them that I did everything they asked me to do.....ie. Return Items that were in my possession, but belonged to them....they did not return any of about 6 phone calls and only responded to my last e-mail, stating that they owe me nothing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really, except for they have had similar payroll issues with other sales personnel. Our agreement is implied, not written, but that is common with Manufacture Rep Groups.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I have not.

Could you explain a little more?

Are you owed commission payments?

How long was the company supposed to pay you after you parted ways?

How much are you alleging that you are owed?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You have not what?

You have no patience?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your question was..... “Have you spoken to a lawyer?” .....my response was, “no, I have not”.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not owed commissions, I was owed a guarantee minimum income of $5,000/ month to get started until I could get my commissions up to or greater than $5,000 / month. They owe me $15,000.....this is for the months of November, December and January (2018). We parted ways at the end of January.

Response: That was not me. That was the site's assistant. My positing starts with my greetings.

Thank you for the explanation.

Thank you for the information:

Response: If you have not been paid the agreed amount, then your only option would be to file a lawsuit against the company to recover the agreed amount if the company has refused to comply with the agreement. The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms online on the Court's website.

You may also retain the services of a local civil litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law