I have a friend in the USA Army who constantly uses threats…

I have a friend...

I have a friend in the USA Army who constantly uses threats to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

In Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Yesterday he told me to pay $300 order he would have me arrested

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am so scared of him using threats to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t want to be arrested

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

Why is he saying he can have you arrested? Do you owe him money?

No he wants me to help bring him home
I have been or he will have me arrested
He is a CSM in the USA Army and he uses these threats all the time to me
Can he have me arrested
See yesterday he first told me to pay only three hundred cuz he knew I had a car payment coming due so I said yes then by early afternoon yesterday he demanded me to pay $400 or he would get me arrested

That doesn't make any sense. It sounds an awful lot like this person is scamming you.

To start, you don't have any personal obligation to bring anyone home from the Army. Especially because, if he was supposed to be transported home, the Army would pay for it. But also, arrests are for crimes. There's nothing remotely resembling a crime in anything you've said - except that he's committing extortion.

This person is not your friend. If you've met him in real life and know he's in the military, then you'll want to report him to his commanding officer for extortion and harassment. If you haven't met him in real life - it's a scam. he best thing to do is cut off all contact.

I thought the army pays for him to come home
But he said no they don’t

The Army would physically transport him and bear the costs, yes.

Then he will send the soldiers to my house
In the USA to arrest me
His commander don’t do anything about him doing this only once his commander did

This is one of the more offensive scams out there, because the idea that the U.S. government would take people who are risking their lives for their fellow Americans, transport them to foreign countries, and then just abandon them there is appalling. No matter what a person's views are of the government, no one should believe that would be happening in this country.

Okay, but WHY? Think about it. How is that remotely logical? Is he claiming that every person in the military who wants to come home can randomly call up someone in the US and demand they pay for transport? And that the person on the other end of the phone would be committing a crime to refuse? That's absolutely ludicrous. And why would the government pay to send soldiers to your house to arrest you, but not to send home one soldier?

There is no possible way that you've spoken with a legitimate commanding officer in the U.S. Army, told them what was happening, and that they were OK with it. If you talked to anyone, then they're in on the scam.

The military actually has posts on their website explaining that these people are lying to you. That's how common these scams are.

http://www.cid.army.mil/romancescam.html

https://www.army.mil/socialmedia/scams/

He said I have to pay the rest of the 1500$ which only a 100$ is left
His flight home is 1500$

DO NOT send him any money. He's lying. If he were actually in the military, his flight home would be free. I don't know any other way to say it. This is a scam.

If you don't believe me, and you don't believe those articles from the military, then ask him to give you the section in the United States Code that says you've committed a crime. But he can't. Because there's no such statute.

Then today his commanding officer said I need to pay 1200$ for a absentee form which is to have a another guy replace him while he is at home
Who can I report him to

Report him to the Internet Crime Complaint Center. Both your "friend" and his "commanding officer" are scamming you. They could even be the same person, but they're both lying.

https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Once before when his commanding officer knew about him doing this he had other soldiers beat him up
As his punishment

Also a lie.

You've already told me that what he's doing is legitimate (although it's not) and that his commanding officer approved it (although it's impossible). So why on earth would other soldiers beat him up for doing it?

Even if we assume that's how the military hands out punishments, which it isn't.

who can I report him to but not letting him know I did it
I just can not go through any more of his threats

Again you can report him to the Internet Crime Complaint Center. That's who investigates internet scams. Then you should block him so he cannot contact you anymore.

Then he will have me arrested
I want to get a P.O. against him

I feel like we're going in circles. There is no possible way he can have you arrested. Zero. None.

If you don't believe me, or the US Army, then do what I suggested above and tell him to provide a statute explaining what crime you've committed. He can't do that, because there isn't one.

You can't get a PO against a person who doesn't exist.

He is in the USA Army in Nigeria
He is stationed there

No, he's not. That's the entire point. He is a scam artist. He is not a member of the military.

To get a restraining order against someone, you have to either file a police report or be a victim of domestic violence. You're welcome to go down to the police station and tell them you want to file a report. However, as an expert who has been doing this for years, I am telling you that they're not going to be able to do anything. The course of action here is to (a) file a claim with the IC3, as I've said twice and (b) block him. That's your option.

He's never going to stop bothering you until you do those things.

Ok

I know that these situations can be difficult, but the best thing really is to cut off contact. He'll never stop asking for money as long as he thinks there's any remote possibility that you might pay him.

Please rate my service positively, as this is the only way that I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney