I'm trying to see if I have a case. Memphis TN. This is the…

Customer Question
I'm trying to see...

I'm trying to see if I have a case

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Memphis TN

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is the first step

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please explain. What sort of case do you think you might have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I purchased a vehicle for my fiance'. Before I went to the dealership I asked the sales person if me not having a driver's license causea problem. She Sales lady says no just go in and bring down payment and a paystub (i have the messages from her to prove this). When I got there I wasn't approved because my down payment wasn't enough. I was walking out the door when they called me back. They were able to work with me if I added $400 more to my down payment. I did. I was able to purchase the vehicle, my fiance drove it off the lot. a week later they start calling me saying that I need my license and more paystubs. At this point, I've already paid for car insurance and tint on the car.... They ended up following me to a gas station and kicked my fiance's little kids out of the car and took off with all of our stuff and the car, saying it was a repo.... I haven't even paid my first note on it yet! I already had a contract signed, and $2200 down payment... can I do something about this?

Thanks for the full reply. This question is outside of my ballpark. I will opt out so that another lawyer more familiar with repo law can go into this with you. No need to respond to me. JustAnswer will notify you via email when another lawyer picks it up.

Tina, Lawyer