Purchased a new car on 3/14/2018. The vehicle is for my 18…

Purchased a new car...

Purchased a new car on 3/14/2018. The vehicle is for my 18 years old son who has a part time job as a cashier and will be paying for the car himself. The dealership increased his wages on the aplication so he can get approved. I still had to cosign at the end. Now the dealrship says that we need to go back and resign the paperwork as it will need to go thru another bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

My question is can we make changes to financing documents that we are going to resign. We are in Florida and now this is the first time I have contacted anybody. I was just on the phone with them.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. It is just a question, what right do I have now since we will be resigning the financial documents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all. Can we renegotiate terms again.

3/20/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you are resigning the purchase contract, then the original agreement is superseded/void (of no force or effect). Which means that you can renegotiate anything in the agreement that you choose.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer