I have a question regarding Maryland law and using

I have a question...

I have a question regarding Maryland law and using transcripts from a current case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MD lawyer about this?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Ordered the court transcripts.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The court has reopened a family law case, #####. In Sept 2017, the same case, the plaintiff made a few statements that I want to present in an upcoming trial on 27 March. To use the plaintiff statements, I can requests transcripts. My question, do I have to request official transcripts or less cost court transcripts. This is not an appeal.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/21/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

"do I have to request official transcripts or less cost court transcripts."

Official transcripts. You have to contact the court reporter (one can simply call the main phone number and asked to be transferred) and request those records. The Court Reporter will then type them up and provide them to you. These records can be used in Court as evidence.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law