What can I do about ex-wife lying on a police report about…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do about ex-wife lying on a police report about domestic violence?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I talked to a few lawyers in the main question they ask me is if that's what I want to do and I may spend more money then ill get back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Have you been charged with a crime?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the criminal suit is over with

Thank you.

If the criminal matter has been resolved and if it didn't result in a conviction, you may be able to convince the prosecutor to file charges against her for making a false police report. Typically, however, prosecutors don't like turning on their complainants, and you may not get any satisfaction from the criminal justice system when you try to report this to the police and ask them to get charges pressed against her.

That means you're left with the possibility of a civil suit for malicious prosecution. The question then becomes whether the damages you may get if successful would be worth the cost of the litigation. You cannot assume that if you win your attorney costs will be covered.

If a couple of local attorneys have heard out your story and told you that you stand to lose more money bringing this case than you can win from it, take their evaluation seriously. They do that kind of law for a living in the court where your case will be, and they wouldn't turn your business away if they thought you'd be happy with the result.

So I guess it depends on just how much it is worth to you to fight for a principle and clear your name. It will certainly inconvenience your ex and cause her to have legal expenses. And you might be vindicated at the end of it, but at great cost.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney