Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I'm a military spouse seeking a divorce in Texas which is

Customer Question

Hi I'm a military spouse seeking a divorce in Texas which is where we got married and where my spouse's home of record is. I was wondering how that applies to me having not been living within Texas for the last 6 months but still wishing to file there
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in TX family court?
Customer: Yes I have filed the petition for divorce and have all the paperwork needed for court
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Not yet, we have an uncontested divorce and I drew up all the paperwork with texaslawhelp.org
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Only one spouse needs to be a resident..

Texas Divorce Residency and Time Requirements. One spouse must be a domiciliary of the State of Texas for at least six months and a resident of a county for ninety days before a divorce can be filed. After the divorce is filed, there is a minimum 60-day waiting period before the divorce can be granted.

Texas Divorce Residency and Time Requirements

www.raggiolaw.com/articles/texas-divorce-residency-and-time-requirements/

If husband is claiming it then it should not be a problem.Texas has 60 day waiting period from the state you file until divorce can be granted.

Make sure you have waiver filed or you serve him.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.