What is going on with Facebook and is it an negative impact…

What is going on with...
What is going on with Facebook and is it an negative impact on the Trump administration?
3/20/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

Facebook has repeatedly been the object of misuse of personal information about its user-base. Currently, it appears that a business entity: Cambridge Analytica, was able to obtain personal information about 50 million U.S. persons and use that information to try to manipulate the voting preferences of those persons. I would emphasize the term, "try to manipulate," because it's unclear that these attempts actually resulted in the election of Donald J. Trump as President of the USA -- or, whether he would have been elected regardless of the efforts of Cambridge Analytica and its various customers/information users.

All competent scientists and statisticians know that "correlation" between behaviors, is not the same as "causasion" between behaviors. Nonetheless, businesses don't expend resources in pursuit of futile activities -- so, there is certainly some possibility that causation exists between Cambridge's work and Trump's election.

Regardless, the U.S. Constitution has no mechanism to "undo" a Presidential election. Mr. Trump is the President, and unless and until the U.S. Congress decides to remove Trump from office -- or, he is defeated in a subsequent election, he is the President.

As far as having a negative impact on the Trump administration, in my opinion nothing has a negative impact on Mr. Trump. I could discuss my opinions as to the reasons for this occurrence in 10,000-50,000 words -- but, to state it succinctly, I believe that what is at work in Trump's popularity is the instinctual behavior of the human species which has been genetically fixed over the past 4.5 million years of primate evolution -- and which causes the vast majority of individuals to find comfort in the presence of a "leader" who exhibits the absolute belief that he is correct on every possible issue, and that anyone who disagrees with him is a danger to the "troop" (n.b.: primates, both extinct and existing, nearly always travel in troops, and they are subject to the will of the Alpha primate -- who generally rules with an "iron fist.")

That said, if you are looking to understand the current political dynamics of the USA and indeed the world at large, then you may want to consider reading the works of the late Robert Ardrey (African Genesis; The Territorial Imperative).

Note: If you happen to be an evangelical or born again Christian who believes that evolution is a fraud, and that the Earth is no more than approximately 6,000 years in age, then I would direct you to the Bible for the various verses concerning the end of times -- because, in my view, these verses also align well with the current U.S. and world political scene.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!

You're welcome and thanks for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer