I live in apt with my daughter, the door that leads to small…

I live in apt...

I live in apt with my daughter, the door that leads to small balcony locks when closing door on balcony.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

My daughter got locked out around 1 am on balcony and couldn’t get back in, luckily she had cell fall close to dead. She did not have emergency number of building and needed to call someone before it died, thank goodness she had cell phone. She therefore called 911 and fire dept came and rammed door. Travelers home insurance won’t pay bill and so my landlord wants me to pay it. This door is dangerous if my daughter had no power

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

On phone she could have died. I want to go to small claims court to Sue both parties to pay. This door is a defective door the way I see it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will I have a case?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did the landlord say why this happens with the door? Was she aware of it?

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
I asked her this and she said it was to prevent children from walking out. However, I asked what about adult who is trying to get back in. I knew emergency number in phone and can be slow, she wasn’t aware of it. It was 28 degrees and she was wearing light sweater she went out for a few minutes. I have complained about lock to someone a year prior no one recalls. Travelers claims they don’t cover this. I simply can’t believe that this shouldn’t have to be paid by me. If Dana, my daughter had no cell phone she could have died from hypothermi
Phone call session started