Someone hacked me and is using my name to con people into…

Someone hacked me and...

Someone hacked me and is using my name to con people into stuff. How do I get rid of that on Facebook and messenger?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m in Florida now but will be returning to Michigan soon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only telling people it isn’t me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It has something to do with getting $100,000

3/20/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You can report the account to Facebook and they will actually deactivate the account and remove it from FB so that the hacker can no longer impersonate you or contact your Facebook friends.

There are several ongoing scams currently and Facebook is aware of them and usually acts within 24 hours to remove the profile.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

How do I tell Facebook?

Go to the hacked profile page, click on the "..." button on the cover photo, and a drop down menu will show up.

One of the listed options there is "Report", click on it and that will take you through a couple questions to report the profile as someone impersonating you.

Facebook should send you a message soon after updating you on their report and on the account being removed.

I hope that helps!

Don't forget to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your question, thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Fine, suier
Fine super, not suier