In my civil case I filed my complaint and right to sue with…

Customer Question
In my civil case...

In my civil case I filed my complaint and right to sue with the mailing date Jan. 26, 2017. I filed my complaint and right to sue May 1, 2017 which was within the 90 days including the extra 5 days to receiving the RTS notice. I did not file my in forma pauperis until May 31, 2017 and it was granted on June 9, 2017. Now the court is sent me R&R to have my case dismissed because the defendants are questing whether I filed my complaint on time and my in forma pauperis was not timely filed along with my complaint. What can I do. Please help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am objecting to the R&R

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Should I also motion for a leave to amend my complaint.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Oppose on ground that timely filed and in all events no prejudice and court has discretion even if late which it is not.If inclined, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
No! What do I do about the in forma pauperis and should I amend my complaint. Explain so I can understand.
You only need to amend if you want to add claims. If there is a motion that complaint is late you oppose with an affidavit. Court should not dismiss especially where you don’t have counsel.Is that clearer?
Thank.

very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars.