Wanted to get some information regarding a mechanic who I…

Customer Question
Hello Wanted to get...

Hello Wanted to get some information regarding a mechanic who I paid and he did not fix my car and refuses to give me a full refund

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Filed a complaint with the BBB Called and asked him for a refund I apid 1485 and he only gave me back 550 and will not give me the remaining

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Good morning!

I'm sorry for the delay, it appears your question was locked yesterday for some reason, but it has since cleared, allowing me to respond again.

Since your mechanic will not repay the difference owed to you, your recourse would be to file a claim in small claims court to recovery the money owed to you.

Many people decide to represent themselves in small claims court, but you can also choose to hire an attorney to represent you during this process and help with your case.

As part of your monetary award in the event you win a judgment, you can request for your attorney's fees and court costs to be reimbursed by the defendant, the mechanic.

If you do decide to move ahead with a suit in small claims and would like an attorney's help, you can contact the California State Bar and ask for a referral to a civil lawyer in your area.

The phone number is:

***-***-****

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!