I started this last evening, then had to stop. So today I am…

Customer Question
Hello: I started...

Hello: I started this last evening, then had to stop. So today I am back to this. I have worked for this company since 2003, starting as a clerk in a gift shop, then in 2012, I became a supervisor of this gift shop with my own office. Circumstances have changed and the job I do now has been reduced in hours. I work 40 hours a week at x dollars in pay. They would like me to work in the gift shop again at a lesser rate of pay but still be the supervisor. And I have been very accommodating when someone is sick, etc, I work their shift for that pay, not my pay. They have indicated that I can replace the full time staff person in the gift shop but at that rate of pay. I am 68 years old managing a retail entity and restaurant POS (8stations), I am the buyer for the gift shop among other duties.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I do not know what to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union. I don't think I have a contract either. I fell into the Sup position because I knew the former POS computer program and had the skills required. I have since loaded a new POS program and manage all the data, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not want to take the job away from the full time staff person. That being said, I enjoy working in the gift shop. My choice is to downsize my hours and go home or try to work night sifts and weekends, which I prefer not to work mega night hours and weekends.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Please allow me a few minutes to consider your question. If I can assist I will provide an answer. Otherwise, I will reopen the question for others to assist.
Thanks for using Justanswer!

how do I cancel this subscription. I was just billed $59.00 on my mastercard as well as $5.00 for this service?