An 18 wheeler, high box trailer knocked down an electrical…

Customer Question
An 18 wheeler, high...

An 18 wheeler, high box trailer knocked down an electrical power line in a all housing area of a city and I had to pay $900 to have a new connection and pole and breaker box at my house ! My house insurance, the truck driver, the trucking company and the electrical power said the are not going to pay anything ! I ask the question, am I the only at faught ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Yes, I called the City police and they gave a report, an the electrical gave me a letter and my home insurance told me they would not pay !!!

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready for what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Port Arthur, Texas 77642

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will answer any question I can !

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
From facts mentioned insurer, and driver employer and its insurer should share in cost. If they claim no liability they should be pressed to get better treatment.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!