Is getting kick out the navy for being late off base and…

Customer Question
Hi good morning is...

Hi good morning is getting kick out the navy for being late off base and being a passenger in a car drunk

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

My son is overseas and I'm asking the question I'm his mom

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

No he text me this morning that he's being kick out and I'm not getting anymore response from him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know how he can be help he's a good kid that love the military and always know he was going to be I since he was 5 years old

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/20/2018
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

No military servicemember can be "kicked out" (discharged) of the service without a hearing by either an administrative board or a court martial -- unless the servicemember voluntarily consents to the discharge. If your son claims that he's being kicked out for being late off base and being drunk as a passenger in a car, you are probably only hearing part of the story. By itself, your son's conduct is not likely grounds for discharge. But, if it represents a pattern of conduct over a short period of time, then that would be grounds for a discharge.

You may want to try getting some additional info from your son. But, as for actually helping him avoid discharge, there's really nothing that you can do.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!